Friday, April 21, 2017

Photo challenge #390 Just Us Girls

Hello. It's photo week over at Just Us Girls. This photo has so many possibilities!!


I decided to go with some texture that I picked up from the photo.


Liked the rug design
The tweed couch was pretty cool
Liked the vase - it has texture
Flowers  - add a bit of color

I tried so many times to add some color to the embossing folder by adding ink directly to it once I ran it through my die cutting machine. Inked it up before and after and didn't like any of the results, so I went with adding a bit of yellow (found in the rug) as a back ground layer.

Used Iced Spruce Oxide ink on the linen back ground stamp from Stampin Up! and layered it with black.

Flower stamp is from Purple Onion. I stamped it in colors matching the photo and heat embossed them in clear. Added them onto the top of the vase using foam tape.

That vase came from Papertrey, Ink and I fussy cut it out, ran it through an embossing folder and popped it up on the card.

Ok, that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by.
 

9 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty vase of flowers, like the bg embossing foder, perfect for this image.

Linda said...

Lovely card with your floral bouquet. From a fellow Washington crafter.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how you used so much texture on this. Love the pretty white vase with the colorful flowers, too.

Diane said...

Love your card Laurie! It is clean and fresh looking. Makes me think of spring. Great job.

Nancy said...

Hi Laurie! You have done an incredible job as our guest! This card is gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you do for your last post! By the way...keep an eye on your blog. Your links have been a little wonky lately and they sometimes don't link back to your blog...it takes us somewhere strange and a tad spooky. The girls and I have been fixing your links every week. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

Chris Dring said...

Love all the textures you incorporated into this fabulous CAS card! Great take on the challenge photo this week!

Bobby said...

I can definitely see the influence of the photo on your card, Laurie. You streamlined it and made a lovely card with texture and color.

Ina G said...

Simple but such a simply lovely card Laurie. Love the texture too.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this!!! Great colors and great take on the challenge. I really like the texture in the background too. Well done!!