Sunday, April 2, 2017

Normal

Hi there. I unintentionally decided to play in Darnell's April Fools NBUS challenge. I decided to play along with NBUS, but ended adding a few Boo Boo's on this card and just had to giggle!


Stamps are from Inspired by Stamping.

I stamped the sentiment and cut it out using the stitched die from Lil Inkers. I used the negative space to lightly draw pencil marks in the corners. This was my guide on where to stamp the flowers and leaves.

I used Fresh Ink from Impress cards and crafts, which is a pigment ink. I didn't let it dry long enough. Went to erase my pencil lines and smudged the flowers and leaves on the lower left. I also had some pink ink on one of my fingernails, which then I noticed on the sentiment panel. I tried to sand it off, but you can still see it.

What a fun challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Ack, I hate when I do that!!! I keep baby wipes handy because I am always picking up stray ink. I love this sentiment, it's so apropos! This is so pretty and I can barely see smudges~

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

I'm ALWAYS getting smudges of ink on my cards Laurie! You can't really notice it on here! Such a pretty card! Hope you're having a lovely Sunday! Luv n’ Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Darnell said...

Do you think I jinxed you?! Fortunately, your boo-boos are mini school compared to the overall beauty of this design, Laura! I love the way you wreathed that awesome sediment in flowers!! Thank you for playing with me and being a good sport about sharing the "oopz!" Love ya, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

I've added fingerprints as well and it is so disheartening when the whole design was perfect until that happened. I usually try to find a remedy and sometimes the sanding works. I still love your pretty card.

Sandi said...

Love, love your card including the boo-boos. The slight imperfections on a homemade card is what makes them special in my opinion.