Monday, September 12, 2016

Project of the week - Faux Cloisonne

Hi everyone.  It's my turn over at The House That Stamps Built to host the project of the week. I have chosen to do Faux Cloisonne.

Cloisonne (pronounced cloy-zon-ay, French for ”partition”) is an ancient metalwork technique that makes use of small, precious metal filaments and colorful glass enamels to create brilliant artwork.

Here is what you need for this technique.

Outline stamp
Embossing buddy
Gold or metallic embossing powder
Versamark
Glossy catalog/magazine

I chose one of the most recent Coldwater Creek magazines I get due to the rich autumn colors in it.

I stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed using gold embossing powder. See example picture below.

As you can see, once I had selected all of the clothing out of the catty to stamp on, I fussy cut them out.  I chose to make the flower stamp a poinsettia and went with a Christmas theme.

During this time of year, the clothing magazines are so full of beautiful colors and textures and this technique makes it fun to create some wonderful works of art. Hope you find the time to experiment and if you do, please share you work with us!

Thanks for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

Donna said...

This is fabulous, I have to admit when I glanced at it on my phone while I was working I thought you had cut up a shirt and used that on the card, I was thinking of old clothing I could cut up versus new. Now I am eager to try this!