Sunday, July 24, 2016

get well soon

Hello. Playing around today and came up with a little texture technique that I had to use for the tactile challenge over at Less is More.

I took some Tulip puffy paint and squeezed a fair amount onto a piece of white cardstock. Then putting on a pair of latex gloves I smoothed out the paint so that it covered it, in just a thin layer. I then heated it with my heat gun to dry.

Out came the alcohol inks. Watermelon, yellow and salmon, plus a generous amount of blending solution. I just played around until I got something I liked.

The poppy die comes from Simon Says Stamps. I glued it together onto some linen cardstock after stamping the sentiment (Hero Arts). Pierced background die is from MFT.

The texture on this in real life is pretty cool, so much so that you want to touch it. Kind of hard to photograph.

Off to put something together for dinner. Thanks for stopping by.







8 comments:

Chrissie said...

The interest of colour on each of these petals is fabulous Laurie!
A wonderfully tactile card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

What a terrific technique. The color really pops and your petals have the perfect dimension. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Esther said...

Such a creative way of adding texture, and I love the vivid colours against the clean background. Fantastic LIM entry, well done!

Glittered Paws said...

You are so techniquey this week - love this one too - and yes I have some of the puffy paint in my "collection". Beautiful poppy - great card.

Rika said...

ÄLovely card, the flower is so beautiful!

Neets B said...

Love all this detail in your single stem, the patterns on each petal are lovely.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Margaret Johnson said...

Very neat technique! Love the pop of colour.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a perfect bloom Laurie, bold and elegant at the same time and a clever way to add a tactile element to your otherwise CAS card. Love it and thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah x