Sunday, October 18, 2015

Holly

Hello! Here is my take on the CAS challenge of leaves over at The Paper Players.

The holly die is from Paper Smooches. I used some water color paper to cut everything out with.

Next, I used my Zig Kuretake watercolor markers to color everything. Then I spritzed it with water, and now it almost looks tie dyed. Love the look and went with it.

Added some clear wink of stella on the berries to give it a bit of bling. Used the square stitched die from MFT and then backed it with a layer of black. Which made it stand out a bit more than either green or red. Tried both and didn't like it as much as the black.

Holiday sentiment is from Papertrey, Ink. I'm also adding this into the Paper Smooches anything goes challenge.

I recently stumbled onto a card drive that I thought would be awesome to participate in. It's called the Caring Hearts card drive and the purpose of the drive is to collect Holiday cards for the elderly that live in nursing homes. I dug through my stash and found 50 that I have now boxed up and sent on. I love how this is going to a good cause and helping to empty my stash at the same time! Here is the link in case you're interested in participating, you have until 11/27 to mail in your cards. 2015 Caring Hearts Drive.


Thanks for stopping by!
Follow on Bloglovin  






4 comments:

Tammy said...

Lovely card for Christmas, great use of white space!

stampwithamyk said...

Beautiful CAS holiday card. Love the stitched edge and the font on your sentiment! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players, hope to see you again soon!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful CAS card - love the watercolor technique you did. I think I need some of those markers! LOL What an awesome idea to send your un-used Christmas cards to. I know I have several in my stash.

stampwithsandy said...

A perfect CAS card for the holidays, and how wonderful you are sharing this for a card drive. Thanks for sharing the link with the info, I am off to check that out next. And thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players, Laurie!