Sunday, May 11, 2014

Fusion - Be Happy

Hi everyone. This week's Fusion challenge intrigued me so I thought I'd give it a try. I absolutely love the color combo of yellow, black and white and play with it often. Here is what I did with it this time around.

The daisy is a die from Memory Box. I cut it out of white cardstock and then used Copic markers to color it. Centers are white sprinkles from Doodlebug designs that I colored black using the black Copic marker.

Houndstooth stamp is from Papertrey, Ink as is the label die I used to put the daisy on. Sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

I cut a few fishtail banners out using white cardstock then ran them through the daisy embossing folder from Provo craft. Love the texture it adds to the card. Yellow cardstock is from DCWV.

I followed the sketch except changed out the oval since the card in my last post is a very similar to this one.  Here's the inspiration photo.

Thanks for stopping by!

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Great job Laurie. Like the layout and color choices. Beautiful flowers and the banners are the finishing touch.

Tammy said...

Lovely card! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Glittered Paws said...

I love this combo of colors too - great card.

Lucille K said...

I love the dainty flowers on your card and the herringbone background is perfect :)

Cathy Weber said...

What a great idea to color the white die cut with copics...duh, why haven't I ever tried that? Great idea and one I plan to use very soon!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card. Those flowers are so much fun. Thanks for joining us at fusion :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Lovely and delicate, remind me of a nice day years ago in the shadow of Mt Rainier I went on a hike and saw some really dainty flowers. What a great memory to bring back for me!!

Thanks for being so inspired to play along with us and adding your lovely creation to the FUSION gallery ---I love it !

Lyndal said...

Love the houndstooth & flowers combo Laurie :) So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

Sarn said...

Aha - I have this die too . . . and you've inspired me to cut it in white and colour with markers accordingly. GREAT idea. TFS.

Hugs, Sarn xxx