Saturday, February 8, 2014

FMS #122 - Hydrangea

Hey everyone! Here's my take on this weeks Freshly Made Sketch #122!

The Hydrangea stamp is a very old one from the former Angel Company. I found it today after a search a destroy mission through all of my stamps. I was looking for a rose bud and never did find that particular stamp. So went with this one instead.

Colored with Copic's and I tried to give this bud the "real life" look. You know how they look as they are about to bud with the blue and yellow all mixed together? Well, I didn't blend the colors out too much on this to create that effect. It looks OK to me, but what do you think?

Sentiment from Verve. Blue pearls are from the dollar bin at M's. Yellow and dark navy cardstock are from Bazzill and the white is from PTI.  Added some texture to the white panel using the lattice embossing folder from Sizzix.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!



Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

I think you captured the "blooming" stage of this flower - great job.

Patti J said...

Looks better than okay! Gorgeous card, Laurie!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is so beautiful Laurie! I love the gorgeous soft colours you've used and your hydrangea is coloured beautifully! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Tammy said...

Fabulous and beautifully colored!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think you nailed the colors of the flowers! This is a fantastic card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Joni Andaya said...

Wow!!! What beautiful coloring on your hydrangea. Stunning!