Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sympathy card

Hi everyone! It seems that I never have a sympathy card when I need one. So, decided to make one up just in case and keep it in my stash - let's hope I don't have to use it and it sits there a while.

I colored this old SU stamp with Marvy wet looks embossing markers, which I purchased at M's years ago when I first started stamping. I stamped it on linen vellum and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I really love how this turned out. The linen texture of the vellum gave it an old fashioned cross stitch look! Click on the picture to bring up the detail.

I very seldom use my oval nesties but decided that this little flower bunch would look great in it.

What do you think? All supplies are listed below! Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:
Flower stamp from the Happy Harmony set from SU
Sentiment is from PTI
Designer paper - K&Company
Linen Vellum - PTI
Green cardstock - Bazzill
White satin ribbon

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Lovely card. The background and flowers match perfectly!

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Laurie. Hopefully, it will be of some comfort to the recipient. I always hate to have to make a card for that occasion! Beautifully done, my friend!

AmethystCat said...

it's a beautiful sympathy card, Laurie - tasteful and pretty - really lovely