Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy leap day and a new card

Happy leap day everyone! I got this idea off of the Memory box blog about using packing tape a die cut and glitter to create some sparkle. Love how it came out!

I used the Vivienne Butterfly die from Memory Box and cut it out using black cardstock. Then I took a piece of clear packing tape and adhered it to the die cut. Next I got out the glitter. I did use two colors to create the effect.

Designer paper is Washi paper that I picked up at a craft show many moons ago. Sentiment is from PTI. I cut the tag from their tag die collection and stamped the Happy Birthday on. I used teeny tiny self adhesive gold pearls on the corners. Card base cardstock is from Bazzill and cut in a 5 x 5 square.

Have a happy leap day!

5 comments:

Donna said...

Great card, love the sparkle!

Jeni said...

Beautiful Laurie! Clever use of packing tape, love it!! ~jeni :)

Patti J said...

Wow, Laurie - this is beautiful! Love this technique. I've used it before, but it's been a while. Thanks for the inspiration!!! Hugs...

Tammy said...

Amazing! Love the pretty and soft DP and the butterfly is absolutely beautiful!

Lynette said...

What a gorgeous butterfly, and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week.