Monday, February 27, 2012

Cut out ferns

Hi everyone! This weekend was a pretty relaxing one and I was able to get into the studio to create a few cards.

This card was made to send to my Dad this Friday for his 79th birthday! It's amazing how well he looks and gets around!

Fern dies are from Poppy stamps and cut out of the vintage cream cardstock. I backed it onto a piece of green cardstock from Hot Off The Press. I just love this color green!

I used the cut ferns and colored them with broken glass distress inks and put them inside the card. Sentiment is from Papertrey, Ink.

Dragonfly die is from Memory Box. It's wings are cut from colored vellum and then I spritzed it with frost shimmers spray to make them look gossamer. Not sure I achieved the look I was going for, but I like the end result.

What do you think? Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I think your card is beautiful! I love the cutout ferns and the dragonfly is perfect! Great card Laurie!