Monday, July 12, 2010

Well toot my horn

Hey everyone! Happy Monday, that is if you can find anything happy about a Monday!??!

Here's a card I did for a Co-Workers birthday. He'd be the first one to tell you that he's an antique and I thought this would be right up his alley!

The car is stamped in Black ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I used buttons to cover up the "flowers" on the wheels and antenna.

The gray designer paper is from DCWV and the gray cardstock is from American Crafts. I used black cardstock to layer everything and make the road. The white lines on the road were done with a white sharpie paint pen.

Quickutz makes a large and a small name plate die and I used the bigger one to stamp the sentiment on. I just turned it upside down and tucked part of it under the car. The die cuts a border as well as the name plate and I colored that with a Copic marker to match the color theme.

This card was a hit with my co-worker as I got a thank you card in the mail expressing his appreciation! Kind of cool, huh?

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Teresa Jenkins said...

Neat card! Love the buttons, definitely gives it a masculine feel to get the flowers outta there! Great work!

Risa said...

I love this card! I keep using the sentiments from that set, but have yet to use the cars. The black cardstock road is cool and I like the 1/4 circle sentiment.