Friday, March 5, 2010

Simple Vase sympathy card

Wow, say that title three times fast! What a mouthful! Here's a quick card I made with the new PTI Asian Fusion set.

Vase is stamped in Memento Bamboo leaves and then embossed with clear embossing powder on kraft cardstock. The flower stem is stamped in Versamark then embossed with clear ep as well. Bazzill green cardstock was used to layer and as a back drop to the designer paper (DCWV, Linen closet) that was cut using the labels eight die. Sentiment is from the same set and is stamped in Palette Noir.

I used a Copic marker to color the silk flower, attached a button and used some scrappers floss to add some pizazz!

The back ground of the base of the card was done using one of the border stamps from the same set. I stamped it in Versamagic Wheat and then sponged around the perimeter.

If I was going to do this again, I think I would have used an ivory colored cardstock to stamp the vase on, but the kraft does add something a bit different and unexpected. What do you think?

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Laurie, this is beautiful. I love the kraft paper behind the vase.

Jen Carter said...

Great job! I love PTI and this is one of the sets on my wish list!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I think your card is just perfect the way it is! Beautiful... I always have a hard time with sympathy cards, but yours is wonderful!

Laurie said...

This is so pretty! I love the colors you used!!