Sunday, March 14, 2010

Off Center!

Hello! Here's a quick card I put together playing around with the new stamps and dies from Papertrey Ink.


The stamps are: Butterfly dreams and Turning a new leaf. I stamped the leaf in Versamark on Designer paper from Paper Pizazz and then clear embossed it. I created a mask by cutting out a butterfly with the die and then sponging on Versamagic Mango ink onto the paper. Then the Butterflies are stamped off center in the same ink but with the patterned butterfly stamps.

A few smaller butterflies were punched out using the Martha Stewart punch and I sorta popped their wings up to simulate that they were flying. The sentiment half circle is actually a name plate die from Quikutz - I just tucked most of it under the main panel. The orangy cardstock is called summer sunrise and it's also from PTI. Finally, I added some green gingham ribbon to both corners for a bit of balance.

I needed something spring like today, as I had all I could take with all that snow and cold weather up in Alaska last week! Beautiful, but I'm glad to be home to the warmer weather. =)

Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think of my "off center" butterfly card.