Monday, February 8, 2010

Card Sketch Tuesday #166

Happy Tuesday! Here is sketch #166.....Measurements below.

Card base 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
1 = 5 3/8 x 4 1/8
2 = 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 (# didn't show up, its the panel right behind #3)
3 = 4 x 3
4 = 1/2 x 4 1/8



I used my varnished alcohol technique (click here to learn more) on the pink panels. The alcohol inks used were Cranberry, Shell Pink and Pearl. The pearl really gave it a shimmery effect.

Stamps and green polka dot paper are from Papertrey Ink. I colored the center flower with Copic markers and layered it to the off white bigger flowers. I didn't realize that I had two of the bigger flowers stuck together until I had adhered it to the card. Once I figured that out, I used a piercing tool to un-stick them and fanned them out and curled the top layer up. A rhinestone brad and mint green organdy ribbon finishes off this embellishment. I don't usually put a lot of flowers on my cards or projects - I have loads of them but they are out of my line of sight so I tend to forget about them.

Added a few more rhinestones for a bit of bling. Obviously this is not a traditional Valentines Day card, but it was fun adding in that splash of green! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I love this Laurie! The colors are great!

Anonymous said...

Super card Laurie! I like the bling and the double flowers and the COLORS!
KellyRae

JazzyH said...

Great sketch!