Friday, January 1, 2010

Under the weather?

Happy New Year everyone!

Here's a card I did for the SCS card sketch challenge!

The stamp is from Double D stamps from Victorine Originals. I colored it with Copic Markers and then added some sparkle to the rain drops and lightening with the stardust pen from Sakura.

The striped paper is from Making Memories and the yellow cardstock is from American Crafts. I added a bit of paper piercing in the lower right hand corner of the main image - I just felt it needed to be a bit more balanced. Light yellow grosgrain ribbon is attached over the raw edges and I decided to add some black rhinestones from Kaisercraft to anchor it all down.

It's a very clean looking card that could be given to guy - well maybe not. What do you think?

5 comments:

Velta said...

Yeah, I think it could be given to a guy...Love the layout...and the piercing really adds to the card!! Happy New Year Laurie, to you and yours!

Linda said...

Happy New Year, the card to just to cute. It should put a smilt on anyone's face. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great card. Love the stamp set, where do I find that? I think it is just great for a guy or a girl. Very gender nutral especially in the nice colours you did.

Winnie and Patty said...

Great challenge for the SCS SC! Great job of coloring! TFS

JazzyH said...

Great card!