Monday, December 28, 2009

Snowflake Angel

Hi everyone! I just realized that I had not shared this card with you! It's done a bit differently and wanted to give you the details!

The snowflake background is done with the Ornamental Snowflake set from The Angel Company. I used starry night Palette ink to stamp them and then lightly sponged on some additional ink.

The Angel (TAC) is stamped on vellum in Memento Tuxedo Ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I turned it over and colored her dress with Copic Markers. The wings are done in a two step process. Taking your stylus and a mouse pad, burnish or dry emboss the wings, being careful not to press too hard otherwise you will go through the vellum. After that is done, I used a white Sharpie paint pen and colored it all white. When you turn it over, the results are striking! Using sharp scissors, I trimmed all around it.

To get the Angel to adhere to the cardstock, I got out my Xyron and made it a sticker. The lattice border punch from MS came in handy to decorate the edges of the snowflake background and the navy cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Laurie, this angel is lovely. And I love the colors you chose! The wing technique is stunning! TFS. Happy New Year

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I agree that the wings are fan-tabulous!

LadybugSue said...

Love it , love it lovvve it!

Chelsea said...

This is a beautiful card Laurie ... love the edge punches and your coloring.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Happy New Year Laurie! I love this one! The colors are gorgeous!