Saturday, December 20, 2008

Last few Christmas cards

Hi everyone - it's still snowing! We are expecting any where from 5 to 12 inches this weekend. I hope the forecasters are wrong, though! Here are two last Christmas cards that I wanted to share!

The vine and mistletoe stamps are from Great Impressions that I got at their outlet store. There's nothing like paying less than half price on some great images!

I painted the vine with H20's to give it a sparkly effect and then added some red rhinestones for the berries. I layered this with red card stock from Bazzill and then decided to do some paper piercing around the lower half so that the sentiment stood out a bit. The sentiment is from The Angel Company.

The mistletoe is colored with Copic markers in G05 Emerald Green and outlined in cool gray C1. The berries are done with White Opal liquid pearls - which gave them a silvery look. I used my oval nestabilities die to cut and emboss the image and added a raffia bow. I colored a piece of mulberry paper direct to paper with Veramagic perfect plumeria - added two rows of gold lines around the edges with a gold metallic pen from sakura and layered it onto a piece of beige bling from Bazzill.
I made a batch of hand cream and now I have to decorate the containers! Then I have to start my Holiday baking - glad I'm done Christmas shopping! Luckily the snow will keep me at home the next couple of days and I'll be able to get some of these things done! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Laurie! I love the look of your colored mulberry with the gold hand-drawn frames. Very cool!!!

Anonymous said...

really neat cards!
Tonya
Angelhood2