Sunday, July 27, 2008

You make a difference!

Here's another card I did based off of sketch #81 - however I left off the sentiment on the lower right and added it to the main image.

The flowers are colored with Copic Ciao Markers in R37, carmine. That color of ink was the closest I could come to matching the Palette Moulin Rouge ink I used on the back ground strip. All flower centers are filled with a Black glaze gel pen. I added some paper piercing to the four corners of the card to finish it off. I tried to frame it, but the SU paper piercing template that I have does not make straight lines for nothing and it's so frustrating. Looks like I got a defective one!


Now to explain this. Since the message of the card is "you make a difference" I used red stickles on only ONE of the flowers. Seemed to work and looks really cool in real life!

Well, I'm off for a week at the Beach in the RV. Time to relax, play and be a little lazy. See ya when I get back!


Supplies:
Stamps - TAC - Sprigs, Linear Sentiments, Ordinary greetings
Red and black paper by Bazzill
Copic Ciao Marker
Black glaze gel pen
Red stickles

4 comments:

BarbL said...

Laurie:
LOVE your card, the stickles are a nice touch! Thanks for another idea for the linear sentiments set too. I really like how you used it here on your background layer.
FABULOUS!!
Barb L.

Dianette Seda said...

What a great card this one is! Love the little difference of the flower.

Debra Hensley said...

love this card! The contrast between the red, black and white is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

nic_d said...

This is a beautiful creation! I love how you used the Sprigs set here.