Saturday, May 3, 2008

Card Sketch #66 - RAK from Sweden

Here is sketch #66 - it measures 5 x 5. This stamped image came to me all the way from Sweden - I won a RAK from Cards By Maria and received a set of four stamps! This teddy bear stole my heart!



After stamping the image - it just begged out for me to cut out it's parts and pop them up for a cool 3D effect. I almost thought about putting some brads in so it would be movable, but all the brads I have are too big for this image.

Teddy is colored using Copic Ciao Markers. The back ground panels were done so long ago, I'm not sure how I did them. I do know that they are done on glossy paper and it appears that I used some alcohol inks, too. I tend to experiment with different techniques for back grounds, and then stash them away for future use. I guess I need to start writing on the back what it was I did! =) I used my rectangle nestabilities to cut out and emboss the main image.

So, hop on over to Cards by Maria, she does publish her blog in English so we can read it - and she also makes her own stamps! Thanks for the new fun rubbah, Maria!

Today is National Scrapbooking day - off to participate! Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies:

Stamps - Cards by Maria

Kraft, brown, white and glossy card stock

Palette Noir ink

Copic Ciao Markers in E33 (sand) and E35 (Chamois)

Grosgrain ribbon and Jute

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It´s lovely, Laurie! =0) I knew you would love him. And the card is so wonderful. Glad you liked your RAK.

Best wishes
Maria

laos348 said...

Very nice job on this - its a great sketch. I like the dimension you added to the bear.

Stampin' Meg said...

My goodness-how cute is he!!!

Velta said...

WOW! I absolutely love the colors here...and the way the teddy has popped out...Great job girl :)

Sandy said...

Great card, Laurie---and a great sketch! I used it for my puppy cards!!

Marilyn said...

Love this sketch!! It is awesome and the card is too!! Thanks for sharing!! How fun to get such a wonderful RAK too!!

Samm said...

What a cute card! lucky whatsit!

Great sketch! here's mine:

by Samm: Magnolia Tilda and Bench Stamps

Samm
x

JazzyH said...

Great sketch. Love the colors in the bear. Very nice.

Bridgett Owens said...

Soooo cute! I'm not usually a big fan of teddy bears because my sister had the biggest collection in the world growing up (LOL) but I love this card!!!
Bridgett
Angelhood 2