Monday, April 28, 2008

Card Sketch #65 - Mini Book Card



Here is sketch #65! I made this one out to like a book that is binded on the end. Card measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.


The card base is folded on the left and scored at the 1 inch mark on the top layer. I punched two holes that are evenly spaced apart (once I had added the strip of DP) and then set the eyelets. The grosgrain ribbon is threaded through and tied off.

These colors are a little different for me! The designer paper is from My Minds Eye and I used my marvy scalloped giga and mega punches to create the circles. The smaller circle is also a marvy brand punch that I'm about ready to throw away! It always hangs up! Thank goodness I just got my set of nestability scallops and regular circles!

The DP has a bit of a flourish in the paper (you can't really tell with the circle covering it up) and I stamped a flourish from TAC with versamark and then embossed it with clear EP. Then I added the sentiment.

Supplies:

Paper - White CS, My Minds Eye, Magnolia line

Stamps - TAC flourishes, sentiment from Studio G

Turquoise grosgrain ribbon and green eyelets

Ink - versamark and Palette Noir

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

2 comments:

laos348 said...

Very clever - I like the mini book look.

Marilyn said...

What a great sketch and awesome card!! Very creative of you!!