Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Card Sketch #60 - Delight





Sketch #60 is simple with lots of layering for you to play around with. Sample measures 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.



The background is done with an old BG stamp from The Angel Company called stripes. It's done in gray pigment ink from Colorbox on white card stock. The medium gray cardstock is layered with a darker gray and are both from Bazzill. I had this yummy 5/8 grosgrain ribbon that I added to the corner of the main panel and across the bottom layer, then embellished with light gray brads. I stamped the sentiment in Palette Noir at the bottom of the panel.

The main image is stamped in Palette Noir and I used white Liquid Applique to add dimension to the pussy willows. This is the third and final image that I did with the LA. I did one first without heating the LA up to make it puff....looked OK, but didn't have the WOW factor I was looking for. The next time I added some brown chalk to the puffed up LA to give them a realistic look...they just looked dirty to me, and aren't pussy willows gray in color anyway? So, I ended up leaving them naked. So, how do you think they came out?

Supplies:
Background stamp - TAC
Sentiment - TAC
Pussy willows - The Stampin Place
Grosgrain ribbon in light gray
Gray Brads
Bazzill card stock
Liquid Applique

7 comments:

Kerry Johnson said...

This is so pretty and what a great sketch! I love p'willows - a true sign of spring!

Lesa said...

Another pussy willow lover! They are so soft and cute. I love this card. The colors, the sketch, the ribbon. You pulled it all together very well. Great job!

Corie said...

This is just so gorgeous and elegant -- love it!!

Marilyn said...

Love the liquid applique to this card - really makes it just pop at you - great job!

Stampin' Meg said...

I think that pussywillows are kinda dusty tan in color-This card looks INCREDIBLE!

Anonymous said...

I have just completed my card for this fantastic challenge.
Off to do #61, kids permitting.

http://challengeaddict.blogspot.com/2008/04/challenge-card.html

Rosella said...

Beautiful! Love the liquid aplique on the pussy willows.