Sunday, February 10, 2008

Celebrate - Spring

No sketch to go with this card, as it's a very simple one! I was playing around with a new stamp and just couldn't get the colors right on it. That cherry blossom pink was just not working for me!
I tried:

Markers
Painting with my waterbrush and ink
Watercolors
and all combinations of the above!

I ended up staying with a mix of different markers and colors to get the final result! I did add a bit of sparkle to the centers with a stardust pen.

The back ground is stamped with the cherry blossom stamp in versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder. To add some interest, I cut some pink ribbon in 1 inch strips and looped/folded it under the main panel and the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamp - Cherry blossom by Delta (40% off at Joann's)
Sentiment stamp - Studio G
Markers - Tria light brown alcohol marker
- Bubblegum pink, victorian rose and leaf green from Marvy LePlumme II
Stardust gel pen
Versamark
Clear embossing powdere
Olive green and pink cardstock from DCWV
Pink ribbon

7 comments:

Michelle said...

It's beautiful, Laurie! I like the colors you chose. The olive green really makes the pink stand out so much more. Just gorgeous!!

Rosella said...

Absolutely beautiful! It does make me look forward to spring.

Stampin' Meg said...

That cherry blossom is so lovely- and a stamp that I don't have. I want one-I need one!

Velta said...

I LOVE cherry blossoms...this card is designed so well. Does the stamp have a spot online? I would love to buy it. Great Job Laurie!

Kerry Johnson said...

This is so pretty Laurie! Love your colouring - it's perfect. And the way you've used the ribbon is awesome!

Stacy said...

Beautiful! So simle and elegant! Love your ribbon. TFS

UrgentCookie said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love the colors. :0)