Sunday, December 30, 2007

Product Review - JustRite home stamp making kit




I saw this kit on CraftTV weekly (the scrapbook lounge) demonstrated by Tricia at clubscrap, and I thought "How flippin cool is that!" So, I mentioned this to my DH as a possible Christmas present! Guess what I got?

So, here I am, just dying to jump right in on Christmas day and start making stamps, but I had to wait for my company to leave before diving in. I'm also thinking to myself that there's no way that I'm ever going to be able to make a stamp like Tricia did. My doubting self decided that we would at least give it a try.

After two failed attempts at making a stamp, and using several four letter words that can not be typed here, I'm still thinking that this is never going to work for me....my talent and patience is at it's end! It's because I'm trying to create my own designs and it's not working, or maybe I missed a step in the directions...Have you ever had that happen to you?

Then I had happen to see this template in my paper holder and decided to give that a try. It's bold, it's paisley swirls, it would make a really cool background stamp! This time I read and re-read the directions to make darn sure that I followed everything to a "T"....guess what? It worked! I was so pumped! What's that quote? "You always make a rough draft before creating the final masterpiece.” In my case it was several rough drafts....LOL!

Here is the template and the negative I created to make my stamp:



This is the actual stamp I made!

I have to tell you that I have to give this kit a two thumbs up! Even after all my goof up's, this is still something that works! You wont be a great stamp designer overnight or make the kind of stamps your used to, but this is sure fun to play around with. The kit comes well stocked with lots of pre-printed negatives and a cd with more images to use! What I like is the ability to be creative and this kit gives me the flexibility to make anything I want. Sometimes you need a specific stamp for your scrapbook layout or card and it doesn't exist....this gives you the ability to make your own!


This is the background I created. It's stamped in white craft ink and then embossed. I also did the direct to paper blue jeans technique.

Here is the card that I made with my background stamp.



Supplies:
Main stamp image: TAC swirly gigs, sentiment from TAC live inspired
Inks: Palette starry night, white craft ink
Glaze gel pen


You can view and order the kit here and it also has a link to the Scrapbook Lounge, too.

16 comments:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Brilliant work ,love the stamp you created and the cards you made with it gorgeous xxxxDawnxx

Stacy said...

Very cool!! I am glad you got it to work!!!

Lesa said...

This turned out wonderful and the card you did with it is fabulous! Have fun with your new toys!

Michelle said...

That is really flippin' cool! My husband will not be pleased. :o)

Velta said...

LOL on Michelle's comment...Laurie this is too much...I cannot believe you can make your own stamps...You did a great job on this card and I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us this New Year...Happy to you and yours :)

A.Lee said...

Um, that is so cool! You did an awesome job and your card is simply beautiful. It must give be a fun thrill to be able to say: "I made this card and the stamp!"

JazzyH said...

That is so cool. Love the card

Etha said...

Wow that is very neat! Love the swirls that you chose for your first stamp!! Can't wait to see what else you will come up with, hehe.

laos348 said...

That looks really cool! The card you created is so pretty.

Rosella said...

WOW! What a great toy to play with. Love the stamp you created! Hope to see lots more of your work you create with your toy.
Happy 2008!

Anonymous said...

Cool! Thanks for the review... I'm off to check it out!

Stampin' Meg said...

WOWSA what an AWESOME stamp. I am beyond impressed!

Niki Estes said...

What a cool product! Love your stamp, too!

Heather Devino said...

That is TOO COOL! What will they think of next???

jenn* said...

how freakin' neat!?! and that card is awesome! i love it!
*this just in... laurie is missing, she was last seen in her craft room designing stamps and no-one has seen her since!*
keep is up lady, it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I have the StampCritter, and although it looks more expensive, the cost to make stamps with the JustRite is just too expensive. I signed up for the auto-ship program and they send me all my consumables free and then I just pay for the plates each month.