Monday, August 6, 2007

4 Mountains

On our camping trip we came across four separate mountains in our adventures through the cascades sight seeing. The weather was clear and sunny, not as hot as it usually is at the end of July, beginning of August, but definitely good four wheeling and picture taking weather!

The first picture is of Mt. Rainier - staple of our landscape here in the PNW. This is just a slightly different view.



The second picture is of our volcano Mt. St. Helens. She was smoking this day as you can see and looking pretty spectacular!



The third and probably hard to see in this picture is of Mt. Hood in Oregon. This was taken at one of the view points along the way up to see Mt. St. Helens.


Lastly, this is Mt. Adams in all it's glory in front of lake Takhlakh.



Just thought I would show you all some of the great reasons why we put up with the rain here in the pacific northwest. As my transplanted southern DH would say - with tongue in cheek! "Remind me again why I love it here?" (It took him a while to get used to the weather here, LOL)

Stay tuned for another card sketch post later tonight.

1 comment:

Etha said...

What gorgeous pictures!! I have lived very near oceans all my life and was so used to the water and salt and wildlife connected with the water. Since 7 years I live in the Rockies and I had about 1 week of adjusting, I don't think I could EVER live without mountains again :) thanks for sharing your pictures, they are beautiful!